Home > Holistic Development > Educational Support
Educational Support Department provides support to the low progress students in P1 to P4, through the MOE-initiated support programmes.
• Learning Support Programme (LSP) for English and Learning Support for Mathematics (LSM).
• School-based Dyslexia Remediation (SDR) programme
• Reading Remediation Programme (RRP)
Basic Numeracy Enrichment (BNE)
• This enrichment is for P1 and P2 LSM students and serves as an additional support in Mathematics.
• It is conducted once a week after school.
Extensive Reading Programme (ERP)
• Purpose of ERP is to develop general reading skills, build reading fluency and motivate students to read texts for enjoyment.
• It is held once a week to support lower progress students in P1 and P2 who are weak in reading.
• Parent Volunteers support the programme by conducting the reading activities with the students
• ERP takes the approach of Odyssey Reading Programme by SHINE.
Benefits of ERP
• ERP will have a positive impact on language learning. These include gains in reading and writing competence, oral and aural skills, vocabulary growth and increases in motivation, self-esteem and empathy.